e. Launch the EC2 Dashboard
- In the AWS Management Console search bar, type EC2.
- Choose EC2 to open the EC2 Dashboard.
Although instances are generally launched through scripts, they can also be launched directly from the EC2 Dashboard.
Spend a few minutes familiarizing yourself with the layout of the dashboard:
- Left pane: Tools and features, such as the saved Amazon Machine Images (AMIs), storage volumes, and ssh keys (Key Pairs).
- Center: Resource listings and the ability to launch an instance.
- Right pane: General information, such as documentation and pricing.