b. Create FSx Lustre
Create FSx Filesystem
Creating a filesystem in AWS ParallelCluster is easy, we can directly specify the filesystem type, options and mount location. This gives several advantages over creating the filesystem outside of AWS ParallelCluster:
- Filesystem is automatically mounted to the cluster
- Filesystem is deleted when the cluster is deleted
- The cluster configuration file can be used to create the exact same setup in future deployments
In the lab, we setup the filesystem with the following options:
|FSx Lustre Parameter
||Data Compression both lowers storage size and increases throughput, set this to
PERSISTENT_2. I reccomend using persistent as opposed to scratch when mounting through AWS ParallelCluster. Scratch is ideal for per-job filesystems.
1000 MB/s/TiB of throughput.
- On the Storage tab, ensure the following options are set correctly:
- Select the same Subnet from the previous step
- Click Dry Run to confirm the setup and then click Create